Women to Watch 2010
Deadline: December 4, 2009
Mass High Tech is calling for nominations for its 2010 Women to Watch program, in which 10 New England-based women — from fields such as biotech, telecom, software, hardware, electronics, advanced energy, nanotech, medical devices, IT, networks and communications, robotics — will be honored as future leaders and innovators. This is the 7th year of the Women to Watch program. See past years’ honorees
You know these women to be go-getters — bright, innovative, hard working, inspirational to others and motivated. They are accomplished and up-and-coming, growing in their careers. They will shape the future of their industries, while serving as role models for young girls.
The nomination process is open to women working in the technology and academic communities in New England.
Honorees typically have:
- At least five years of managerial or technical experience in technology or science-related businesses, or in academic research leading to commercialization of tech-based products and/or services. The candidate does not have to be at the CEO or senior academic faculty level; the purpose of this program is to recognize women who are still on the rise, who have not reached their full potential.
- An engineering or science degree.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including (please provide examples): proven business results with a project or new technology; ability to mobilize teams and/or projects; use of creative thinking to solve complex problems; sound decision-making; an active role in the community or as a mentor.
- The ability to think creatively and develop new opportunities with regard to business or the commercialization of technology.
- If within academia, the nominee should have worked on research that has been, or soon will be, commercialized.
If you have any questions, please contact Jim Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for nominations is December 4, 2009. Nominations will be reviewed by an advisory committee, and those individuals chosen to be recognized will be notified by Mass High Tech no later than Jan. 30. An awards reception to honor these women will take place in early March. Keep checking this website for more details about time and location of the event.