Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:30am – 12:30pm with a Picnic Lunch
Sponsor and Host: WilmerHale, 850 Winter Street, Waltham, MA
How to Successfully Acquire a Business
Summer is a great time to have a fun and meaningful event! Join a group of CEOs and M&A specialists in a Roundtable Discussion in how to successfully acquire a company. A group of experts will engage you in dialogue, so come hungry with lots of questions!
- P.H. Benjamin Chang of Consilium Partners
- Thomas Tremblay, President of Guardair Corp
- Frank Leibly of Alcon Partners
- Michael LaCascia of WilmerHale
- NSS Growth Advisors
What are your goals of an acquisition?
- Capture share gains in current market
- Expand product portfolio to address gaps
- Acquire Brand Name
- Acquire desired customers under exclusive contracts
- Diversification strategy (space and geography)
- Minimize/eliminate competition
- Acquire enabling technology
- Acquire intellectual capital
- Acquire distribution channels
- Vertical integration
We will address the following questions:
- Why do you want to make an acquisition?
- How do you find acquisition candidates?
- What kind of advisors do you need?
- What are acquisition trends today? – What multiples are being used? Are they multiples of revenue or EBITDA?
- What synergies can you achieve? Will you integrate the acquisition or will it be stand-alone?
- Where do you find comps for non-public companies?
Sign up today for a seat at the picnic. Limited beachfront (seating) available!